Always get to the airport with plenty of time to check in, get your boarding pass, clear security and get to the gate. If you're seated in an exit row, be sure to check in at a kiosk with an agent.
US Airways closes passenger and baggage check-in 30 minutes prior to departure for domestic travel and 60 minutes prior to departure for international travel.
If you're traveling from Atlanta, Honolulu, Los Angeles, Maui, New York - JFK, Orlando, Seattle or Washington Dulles airports, you must check in at the airport at least 45 minutes before your scheduled departure time – whether you're checking bags or not.
If you're leaving from one of these airports and you have a bag to check, you must check in at least 45 minutes before departure:
- If you are not checked in and waiting in the boarding area at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time for domestic U.S. (30 minutes for international travel), your reservation may be canceled and you will not be eligible for denied boarding compensation.
- Save time and check in online for domestic and international flights beginning 24 hours and up to 60 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time.
- Use the airport kiosks for convenient, self-service check-in at the airport.
- If your seat assignment is in an exit row, you must check in with an agent. You can use a kiosk as long as there is an agent there to print your boarding pass. If you’re seated in an exit row and traveling out of Phoenix, the kiosks near security check point A and B do not have agents near by and you should check in downstairs.
- Please allow additional time for parking and security lines.